This method is suggested when your Garmin Approach GPS tracker is unresponsive or fails to power on/off. The soft reset performs a quick reset without deleting the user data completely from the device.
- To begin with, power off the Garmin Approach device by pressing and holding down the Power button.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds or until the device is completely turned off.
- Release the Power button and wait few seconds.
- Restart your GPS device and check if the problem is resolved.
- If the problem persists, connect your GPS device to your computer using a standard USB cable and then repeat the same procedure to soft reset the device.
You have now seen how to soft reset the Garmin Approach G5 Golf GPS tracker. Continue reading the steps to know how to master reset the device.
This method is suggested when the GPS tracker is having problems with the satellite reception and general functionality. Performing this method erases all the user information, with the exception of saved scorecards.
- Start by turning off the device.
- Press and hold the top-right corner of the display.
- Turn on your device while holding the pressure on the display.
- Release the pressure on the display when the device shows the ‘Do you really want to erase all user data?’ message.
- Tap Yes to confirm your action and wait for the device to boot into the setup wizard.
You have now seen how to master reset your Garmin Approach G5 Golf GPS device.