Why Does My Gps Tracker Say Offline?
There will be several reasons for the GPS tracker offline issue. First, when your GPS tracker is offline, you cannot track your vehicles, such as cars, motorcycles, or trucks. The issue usually occurs when your GPS tracker is disconnected from the server. In order to resolve the problem and start working on your GPS tracker, you need to identify what causes the problem and clear it out.
Here, in this article, you’ll be learning how to fix the GPS tracker offline issue.
At first, lets us learn what causes the error. Your GPS tracker might be offline if the GPS signal is poor or weak.
- Ensure that you change the position of your GPS tracker.
- Due to the poor GSM signal, your GPS tracker cannot send data. Kindly adjust the position of the GPS tracker to the active GSM signal place.
- If your GPS tracker comes with a SIM card functionality, you can check whether the SIM card is placed correctly in the SIM card slot. In case the problem still exists, you can send an SMS to the provided GPS number to restart your device. Ensure that you do restart your tracker. It should fix the problem.
- For some GPS trackers, you’ll be provided with a battery. Ensure that your GPS tracker’s battery is full. If not, charge your battery. As your battery might be dead or not working, the GPS tracker causes an offline issue. Ensure that you replace your battery every three to six months, depending upon your model of the GPS tracker.
- f your GPS tracker has a web interface to track the vehicle or any assets, kindly check the following.
- Ensure that you’ve entered the correct login credentials.
- Ensure that your account exists on your GPS tracker’s web page.
Checking the hardware problems to resolve the GPS tracker offline issue:
The GPS tracker encounters an error when it is not correctly connected to your vehicle. Make sure that you check all the wires and confirm that they are connected securely.
- Try to check whether the wires are connected securely to the 12V DC battery of your vehicle.
- Re-install the SIM card if your GPS tracker has the SIM card functionality. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the SIM card slot cover of your GPS tracker. It will mostly be located at the top.
- Insert the new SIM card and ensure that it is fixed properly.
- Now, close the SIM card slot.
Once you’ve inserted the SIM card, a light indicator starts to blink. It indicates that your GPS tracker is activated properly. This technique will fix the problem.
Now, you’ve seen how to fix the GPS tracker offline issue. You can now start implementing the above-mentioned solutions and continue to track your vehicle using your GPS tracker.